Friday 5 September 2014

Disney's Sleeping Beauty | Eyvind Earle

I'll always love Disney! Their films were the first visions to influence me to draw. Now I'm older I have a much greater appreciation for the beauty of the animation. Especially Sleeping Beauty and the beautiful paint work of Eyvind Earle. It was one of the most heavily crafter Disney films, taking almost a decade in production and being one of the first drawn, photographed and filmed in Super Technirama 70 widescreen. Pause the film at any given time and you'll have a flawless illustration in it's own right.
My favourite are definitely from the woodland scenes. The backgrounds and foliage are just beautiful, and I just adore the colour pallet. I think if I was to consider illustrating something like a children's book, these scenes would be a great influence.


No comments:

Post a Comment